EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTS EXTENDED TO DECEMBER 16, 2013!
Right now the world is on sale with ElderTreks, but because our office is closed on the 15th, we are extending the booking deadline until Monday, December 16th.
This is your last chance to book your next great adventure and save up to $1800 per person on select 2014/2015 departures.
For a complete list of adventures that are available, click here.
LOOKING FOR A LITTLE 'DESTINATION INSPIRATION'?
How about Central America?
LIVE THE ‘PURA VIDA’ IN COSTA RICA
When it comes to providing the ultimate experience for every possible type of traveller, Costa Rica gets it right. Whether you are looking to spoil yourself by unplugging completely in jungle lodges nestled in macaw-filled rainforest, or horse-back ride to a river for a refreshing swim, this tiny country will accommodate your every travel wish. Maybe you'd prefer to immerse yourself in hot springs near a smoking volcano, or search for caymen in the brackish inlets near the hot and humid Caribbean? Or maybe you want to do it all, in two weeks, no less. Then Costa Rica is for you.
This may sound like the Amazing Race, but with Costa Rica being relatively small, it is all doable without feeling rushed or stressed. On the contrary, Costa Rica make it easy for you to enjoy the beauty and pace of "Pura Vida" (pure life) without missing out on anything the country has to offer.
Right now save $450 per person on Costa Rica adventures departing March 2014, through August 2015!
FEED YOUR INNER INDIANA JONES
Enter the Lost World of the Mayans
If you are fascinated with ancient cultures, archaeological wonders and the mysteries of the Mayans, we would challenge you to find a better tour than our 20-day adventure to Central America! Covering some of the most famous sights in Guatemala, Mexico, Honduras and Belize, we give you the opportunity for a truly comprehensive exploration of all things Mayan. As well as visiting UNESCO world heritage sites such as Chichen Itza, Tikal and Copan, we also take you to seldom-visited ruins such as Calakmul, a sprawling complex 35 kilometers deep in the Mexican jungle where more than 100 structures have been uncovered, some decorated with colourful murals that bring the everyday activities of the Maya to life.
Present-day markets come to life for you as well on this tour, when we visit the Guatemalan town of Chichicastenango and its twice-weekly market, known as one of the most colourful in the Americas. Or stroll through the picturesque old capital city of Antigua, for a glimpse into the elegance of its colonial past.
Whether you are indulging your inner archaeologist, or your inner treasure hunter (read 'shopper'), you can satisfy both in some of the most mysterious and colourful countries in Central America. With our Lost World of the Mayans tour, you'll find everything you want, including an incredible deal!
Save up to $1195 per person on select departures for our Lost World of the Mayans tour.
A message from ElderTreks President, Gary Murtagh:
Wrapping Up Another Year of Incredible Travel
The end of every year is both a time for reflection and looking ahead to the new year. Having recently returned from finalizing our new Malawi, Zambia and Zimbabwe itinerary, I can honestly say that this trip has contributed to many of my most outstanding memories of 2013. And I'm really excited to be offering it to you in 2014. Here's why:
1. Elephants. On this single trip alone, I saw not just hundreds, but I'm guessing upwards of 2000 elephants on our safaris! It seemed that no matter where we went, elephants were everywhere, including foraging for food in our camp one night!
2. The Big Five. For anyone who has been to Africa or is thinking of going, heading out on safari in search of the 'Big Five' (lion, leopard, rhino, buffalo and elephant) is a must. But it is quite an achievement to spot all five, and this was the first safari where I've actually seen all five of these magnificent animals on one tour. As an added bonus, I also got to see the extremely rare wild dog in its natural habitat. As one of the most endangered carnivores in the world, seeing these few surviving animals in the wild was particularly thrilling.
3. Big Cats. Like elephants, they are synonymous with Africa, but this was also the first safari where I spotted three of the big cats multiple times: leopards (3 sightings), cheetahs (2 sightings) and lions (3 sightings).
4. Malawi's welcoming people. Probably some of the friendliest people I've met in all of Africa, who greeted us with smiles wherever we travelled, and who couldn't do enough for us.
5. "The Smoke that Thunders" at Victoria Falls. People often ask what time of the year is best to view the falls, in the dry season (the fall) when you see less water and spray, which can be better for photography, or in the spring when the falls' raging waters are at their most impressive volume. Having seen both, we are considering adding a summer departure in 2015 to take advantage of the falls when they are near their peak, as well as our fall tour, so you can experience this destination at whatever time of year you prefer. It's just that beautiful.
I can't say enough about these experiences, and the opportunity this tour offers to showcase Africa is its pristine state - wild and majestic - and to see nature at its most impressive, all without the crowds you typically find in other parts of Africa.
To those who might be hesitant about visiting this part of Africa, let me say this: I last visited Zimbabwe four years ago, and since then much has changed to make it a much safer destination for travellers. The introduction of the US dollar as the official currency has stabilized the economy and the political situation, and I absolutely believe now is a great time to visit.
This new itinerary was definitely one of the highlights of 2013 for me, providing photographs and memories which I'll treasure for years to come.
Similarly, I hope that ElderTreks has contributed to some of your most memorable moments this past year, and I look forward to having you join us on more incredible adventures in 2014.
Happy Holidays to all of you, and safe travels.
Calling all Photographers!
Don't just share your travel photos with your family - share them with us, and you could WIN $1500 towards a future ElderTreks tour!
Our annual Photo Contest is on now until January 15, 2014!
Submit up to 5 of your favourite travel photos for your chance to win. Click here for details.
Like ElderTreks? Then 'Like' us on Facebook, too!
© ElderTreks, 597 Markham Street Toronto, Ontario, M6G 2L7