OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
Passages Exotic Expeditions Ltd (ElderTreks) is committed to maintaining the accuracy, security and privacy of personal information which is provided to us by our customers and other individuals and organizations who we do business with.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
We may collect personal information from you or about you (and those traveling with you) either directly or through authorized third parties in person, over the telephone, in written documents, on the Internet, or through surveys, promotions or incentive programs. The types of information that we collect include the following:
- information to permit us to identify and contact you such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and language preference.
- Travel-related information such as passport and citizenship identification information.
- Demographic and marketing information about you such as your age, education, occupation, marital and family status, information on your preferences, interests, traveling intentions and your experience with competitor products and services.
- Product performance and customer satisfaction information such as product surveys and your experience in using our services.
- Financial and credit information which may be collected by us and, with your consent, shared with our suppliers or with other providers of travel-related services.
MEANING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information in this policy means information about an identifiable individual as that term is defined in applicable Canadian federal, provincial or territorial privacy legislation in effect from time to time. As a general rule, Canadian privacy legislation does not consider personal information which is business-related information - such as the information which is shown on a person’s business card - to be personal Information. Likewise, non-identifiable personal information - which means information about an individual where the personal identifiers have been removed, so that it is impossible to determine the identity of the person to whom the information relates - is not considered to be Personal information.
When you provide personal information on our website you will never be added to our distribution lists for our marketing material unless you opt-in.
If you do not want to be contacted for product, service or marketing purposes, of if you want to be removed from our direct marketing programs, telemarketing, direct mail or e-mail lists, please contact our privacy office as indicated below. Except as required or permitted by applicable laws, you have the right at any time to withdraw your consent to our collection and user of your personal information. We will take steps following receipt of your written requires to amend our records to reflect your request.
Please note however, that in certain circumstances such as matters relating to law enforcement and public or personal health, safety, security or property, or for the purpose of collecting monies owed to us, applicable laws may require or allow us to collect, use or disclose your Personal information without your consent. In such circumstances, we will only disclose your Personal information to the extent that it is required.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your personal information in various ways:
From You: For example, when you purchase one of our travel products, participate in a contest or survey, respond to an offer or program, requires information or brochures or when you use the interactive portions of our website.
From Our Authorized Dealers or Distributors: For example, when you purchase our travel products from one of our authorized dealers or distributors.
From Our Contractors: We collect and use personal information, with your consent, from business organizations that we may contract with from time to time, for example, in connection with marketing and promotional activities, conducting customer surveys, etc.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal Information to:
- Identify and communicate with you.
- Provide you with marketing, product, service and incentive offers and information from ourselves and our business partners.
- Conduct market surveys, research and analysis.
- Manage our relationship with you.
- Comply with safety, security, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Protect our reasonable and legitimate business interests.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell or rent your personal information for profit to any third party. We only disclose your Personal Information to fulfill the purposes that it was collected for or to satisfy legal requirements. Examples of this include the following:
- We may provide your personal information to other travel organizations that we deal with in connection with your bookings and reservations. Examples of this would include airlines, steamship lines, tour bus tour lines, hotels, travel agents, local tour group operators, etc.
- We may provide your personal Information to authorized third party contractors who perform services on our behalf, such as conducting market research, performing product satisfaction surveys, etc. We require all of our contractors who have access to your personal Information to keep the information confidential and to restrict its use to those purposes for which we have engaged them.
- Our records of your personal Information may be periodically updated by our third party contractors or by our own communications with you. This updated personal Information may be shared by us with our authorized dealers, distributors and/or suppliers in order to better serve you.
- In emergency situations, we may be required to share your personal information with health care providers, doctors, nurses, hospital, air ambulance operators, etc.
- As we continue to develop our business, we may at some future date become involved in a transaction in which one of our business units may be acquired or considered for acquisition by a third party. In such circumstances, your personal Information would be transferred and/or could be the subject of due diligence investigations by the third party.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal Information is stored at secured locations either at our offices or at the offices of tour authorized contractors. We retain your personal Information for as long as we require it to fulfill the purpose that it was collected for.
To protect the confidentiality of your personal Information, we employ administrative and technological safeguards appropriate to sensitivity of your personal Information. For instance, we operate computer systems which are protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Lastly, we take steps to ensure that your personal information is only accessible by personnel who have legitimate business need to have access to it.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We make reasonable efforts to keep your personal Information current and accurate. For example, we use contracted third parties to update our records from time to time. We also update our records based on information provided to us by our Dealers.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can access and correct your personal Information by sending a written requires to our office at the address indicated below. At the time of your request, we may request you to provide specific information in order to permit us to verify your identity. In the event that any of your personal Information is found to be incomplete or inaccurate, we will take reasonable steps to correct your personal Information record.
Please note that there may be instances where we may not be able to permit you to access or correct your personal Information. Examples of this could include personal Information which:
- Contains references to another person(s),
- Which would involve the disclosure of confidential information,
- Could result in harm or loss to another person(s),
- Could interfere with the activities of law enforcement agencies or statutory bodies,
- Is not readily retrievable, or where the cost of retrieving it would be prohibitive or disproportionate to its value or usefulness,
- Has already been destroyed due to legal requirements, or because its continued retention was unnecessary,
- Is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege, or
- Cannot be disclosed for legal reasons.
APPLICATION OF THIS POLICY
For information on ElderTreks' privacy practices, or if you have any questions or concerns, please write us at:
Passages Exotic Expeditions Ltd. (ElderTreks)
597 Markham Street
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M6G 2L7