• Explore Tortuguero National Park and its jungle canals
• 2 UNESCO Sites - Guanacaste and the Talamanca Mountain Range
• See the Poas Volcano
• Explore the Arenal Volcano Park - hiking
• Birdwatch in Monteverde Nature Reserve
• Enjoy the world-famous Eco-Termales Hot Water Springs
• Take a boat ride on Arenal Lake
• 13 land days
• Maximum 16 travelers
• Start and finish in San José
• All meals included
• Includes 1 internal flight
• Activity Level: 3
Costa Rica is an oasis of natural wonders - volcanoes, rainforests, white sand beaches, coral reefs and wildlife - all within a world-renowned system of national parks that protects more species of mammals and birds than the continental U.S.A. and Canada combined.
Our trip features Costa Rica's natural wonders, experienced through an active program of hikes, river safaris and optional horseback rides. See the famous Monteverde Cloud Forest, where you might spot a resplendent quetzal as you hike along jungle trails and over suspension bridges.
At Arenal Volcano, watch lava flows as they snake down the mountainside and walk on the famous Arena Hanging Bridges. Visit nearby Eco-Termales Hot Springs for a satisfying soak in the thermal pools. The highlight for many is the boat journey through the extensive, wildlife-rich canal system of Tortuguero National Park. For active nature lovers seeking pristine rainforest, exotic wildlife, active volcanos and superb birding, Costa Rica is the perfect adventure destination.