• Explore Tortuguero National Park and its jungle canals
• Enjoy Arenal and Poas Volcanos
• Wildlife viewing, hiking & rafting at Sarapiqui
• Enjoy the world-famous Eco-Termales Hot Water Springs
• Visit a local community untouched by tourism
• Visit Banana, Coffee and Pineapple plantations
• Visit an indigenous village known for its pottery
• Visit 5 National Parks, the Atlantic & Pacific Oceans
• 13 land days
• Maximum 16 travelers
• Start and finish in San José
• All meals included
• Includes 1 internal flight
• Activity Level: 3
Costa Rica is an oasis of natural wonders - volcanoes, rainforests, white sand beaches, coral reefs and wildlife - all within a world-renowned system of national parks that protects more species of mammals and birds than the continental U.S.A. and Canada combined.
Our trip features Costa Rica's natural wonders, experienced through an active program of hikes, river safaris and horseback rides. Enjoy the pristine flora and fauna of Sarapiqui during a river journey, hiking and rafting. Feel the welcoming energy of a local community untouched by tourism and an indigenous village known for its pottery making.
At Arenal Volcano, watch lava flows as they snake down the mountainside and walk on the famous Arenal Hanging Bridges. Visit nearby Eco-Termales Hot Springs for a satisfying soak in the thermal pools. The highlight for many is the boat journey through the extensive, wildlife-rich canal system of Tortuguero National Park. For active nature lovers seeking pristine rainforest, exotic wildlife, active volcanos and superb birding, Costa Rica is the perfect adventure destination.
has guaranteed departures
Comfortable hotels/lodges with private bathrooms.
Some rough roads and long drives. The weather is hot and tropical, spurts of rain make it refreshing.
Arrive in San JosÃ©
To CaÃ±o Blanco via Braulio Carrillo National Park, Boat Ride to Tortuguero National Park
Tortuguero National Park
Tortuguero, To Sarapiqui
Rincon De La Vieja, Local Community
Blue River Horseback tour and River Swim
To Playa Panama, Guanacaste
Corobici River Floating Tour
Fly to San JosÃ©, Poas Volcano, Coffee Plantation,