• Discover Borobudur temple
• Wander through the temple complex of Prambanan
• Sunrise hike to the crater of Mount Bromo
• Tengger villages
• Swim or snorkel at Menjangan Island Reef (scuba diving available; not included)
• Explore Ubud, the cultural center of Bali
• Experience the arts, dance and culture of Bali
• 14 land days
• Maximum 16 travelers
• All meals included
• Start in Yogyakarta and finish in Denpasar
• Includes 1 internal flight
• Activity Level: 2
We begin on the famed island of Java, and start our tour in the historic capital of Yogyakarta, which is also the cultural and craft centre of Java. On a series of day trips, we shall explore the unbelievable ruins of Borobudur - the world’s largest Buddhist temple, which is renowned as the largest ancient monument in the Southern Hemisphere. We will then depart Yogyakarta for our flight to Surabaya and head south to Mount Bromo where we will watch the magnificent sunrise on the volcano, with an optional hike to the rim.
We continue to the exotic island of Bali, where we will divide our time between the artistic and cultural center of Ubud, and the beachside towns of Permuteran and Candidasa. While in Northern Bali, you will have the opportunity to either visit the fascinating yet seldom visited Bali Barat National Park, (particularly good for those interested in birdlife), or join a trip to Menjangan Island, with its spectacular snorkeling and swimming.
The pace slows down at Candidasa, as we take traditional fishing boats to a deserted beach with nothing but a white sand beach, and crystal blue water for swimming. For those with energy to spare, helping the villagers drag the local fishing boats onto shore with their morning catch is always appreciated.