• Roam the magical streets of St. John's, the oldest city in North America
• The earliest known European settlement in the New World at L'Anse aux Meadows
• Visit the 'Galapagos' of geology hiking the tablelands in Gros Morne National Park
• Visit to France at the island of St. Pierre
• Enjoy French wine, food, fashion and architecture in Miquelon
• Take part in a traditional Newfoundland kitchen party and sample traditional Newfoundland cuisine
• View icebergs and whales at an optimal time of the year
• 11 days
• Start in and finish in St. John's
• All meals on board included
• Travel aboard the Ocean Endeavour
• Activity Level: 1
We celebrate over two decades of cruising Newfoundland & Labrador with this summer sailing, ideally timed for whales, icebergs and breeding seabirds. The island’s rugged charm and geographic diversity are best appreciated when visiting by ship. At Gros Morne, the planet’s mantle frames fiords that would be at home in Norway; on the Avalon Peninsula, a chunk of what was once Africa meets remnants of the Appalachian Mountains. The discovery at L’Anse aux Meadows was a monumental moment in understanding the Viking story in North America.
Starting and ending in historic St. John’s, we’ll experience Newfoundland’s lively culture and dramatic scenery with daily expedition stops. A visit to the French island of Miquelon caps off the adventure. The welcome we receive in Newfoundland’s outport communities is warm and sincere; the music and stories, unforgettable.