• Visit 3 African countries
• Learn about and enjoy Cheetahs upclose and at full speed at DeWilt Cheetah Sanctuary
• Safari in Kruger National Park
• Visit the Kingdoms of Swaziland & Lesotho
• Participate in Swazi culture at Umphakatsi
• Mlilwane Wildlife Bush Walk
• Full Day Game viewing in Hluhluwe Imfolozi Park, Zululand
• Visit Ladysmith in the Free State and the Battlefields of the Anglo-Boer War
• Learn about Swazi, Zulu and Basotho tribes
• See 200 million year old dinosaur footprints
• See the Valley of Desolation in the Karoo National Park
• Drive the Garden Route to Cape Town
• Enjoy South African wines in Stellenbosch
• 25 land days
• Maximum 16 travelers
• Start in Pretoria and finish in Cape Town, South Africa
• All meals included
• Activity Level: 2
Superb game viewing, fascinating tribal cultures, stunning scenery and visits to three southern African countries make this journey a truly unique adventure. Learn about the Swazi, Zulu and Basotho tribes. Travel through South Africa and the Kingdoms of Swaziland and Lesotho. Enjoy South Africa's most famous national parks teaming with wildlife.
Beginning in Pretoria, we visit the De Wildt Cheetah and Wildlife Centre before we travel to world-famous Kruger National Park. Search for the "Big Five" - lions, leopards, elephants, buffaloes and rhinos.
Visit the Kingdom of Swaziland, with its mountainous grandeur, lush forests and game viewing in Royal Hlane National Park. Spend an afternoon with a Swazi lady chief and learn about their culture, including the energetic Sibhaca Dance. Encounter the Zulu, visit St. Lucia Wetlands and Hluhluwe, famous for it's success with rhino breeding.
In the Kingdom of Lesotho, visit a Basotho Cultural Village and hike to the beautiful Botso'ela Waterfall. Drive into the "Karoo" and the town of Graaff-Reinet, known for its national monuments. Hike to the viewpoint of the awe-inspiring Valley of Desolation before overnighting in Karoo National Park. Drive through Tsitsikamma Coastal National Park and along the Garden route, including a boat trip from Knysna to the Featherbed Nature Reserve. From Cape Town, visit Robben Island and enjoy the view atop Table Mountain, reached by cable car.
Our three-country journey concludes in stunning Cape Town, the perfect place to raise a glass of South African wine with a toast to this superb adventure.
has guaranteed departures
Comfortable hotels/lodges. All with private washrooms. Some accommodations are basic with generators and limited electricity.
Some long drives and bumpy roads.
Arrive in Johannesburg, South Africa
Pretoria City Sites, De Wildt Cheetah and Wildlife Centre
Misty Mountain, South African Natural Heritage Site
Timbavati Safari Lodge - Evening game drive/sundowner
Kruger National Park - Full day safari
To the Kingdom of Swaziland, Royal National Park
Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary, Bush Walk, Swazi Chief visit
Return to South Africa- Zululand
iSimangaliso Wetland Park (UNESCO)
Full Day Safari in Hluhluwe Imfolozi Park
Harrismith, Drakensburg Escarpment
Drakensberg Mountains and Zulu Communities
To the Kingdom of Lesotho
Malealea, Botso'ela Waterfall
Return to South Africa via 'The Place of the Wind'
Graaff-Reinet, Valley of Desolation in the Great Karoo
Tsitsikamma N.P.; The Garden Route
Knysna - Featherbed Nature Reserve
To Oudtshoorne - Ostrich Farm, Cango Cave
Table Mountain, Robben Island
Coastal Drive to Cape Point, Good Hope Nature Reserve
Stellenbosch, Wine Tour
Depart Cape Town, South Africa
- Splendors of Southern Africa