Note that this is not a stand-alone tour offered by ElderTreks. Extensions are optional additions that we offer to extend some of our already great adventures.
• Travel through the Strait of Magellan
• See the Marinelli Glacier and elephant seal colony in Ainsworth Bay
• Navigate the Beagle Channel
• Visit Cape Horn National Park
• Starts in Punta Arenas, finishes in Ushuaia
• 5 days on board the M/V Stella Australis or M/V Via Australis
• All meals (and open bar) on board the ship are included
• Activity Level: 1
On the modern expedition cruise ships of the Cruceros Australis line, you can explore the legendary waterways plied by early European navigators and the native inhabitants of this remote South American region, an area as beautiful as it is still untamed.
Cruceros Australis has been sharing this unforgettable experience at “the far end of the earth” since 1991. The M/V Stella Australis was built in 2010 and the M/V Via Australis in 2005.
Daily shore excursions by inflatable Zodiac landing craft accompanied by a lecture programme on the region’s flora, fauna, history and geography are included. Meals featuring fresh local produce and an open bar serving soft drinks, wines and selected liquors are also included in your cruise fare.
Cruceros Australis is a truly enjoyable way to experience the spectacular southern scenery of these remote regions.