• Search for whales as we explore Northeast Baffin
• Enjoy a cultural presentation and country food at Kanngiqtugaapik
• Take in the breath-taking scenery as we cruise Karrat Fjord - one of Greenlandís most beautiful
• Visit Greenlandís heart as we explore the colourful town of Uummannaq
• Visit the site of the famous Greenlandic Mummies
• Keep watch for bowhead whale as we cruise Isabella Bay
• Marvel at the Ilulissat icefield, where 90% of the north Atlantic's icebergs are born
• Seek out the thousands of birds that call the Arctic home during the peek Summer season
• 11 days
• Start in Resolute, finish in Kangerlussuaq, Greenland
• All meals on board included
• Travel aboard the Sea Adventurer
• Activity Level: 1
Seeking out rugged mountains, rolling tundra, icecaps and glaciers, this adventure is entirely north of the Arctic Circle!
Weíll hug Baffin Islandís fjords, surrounded by towering cliffs, and then cross Davis Strait to witness Greenlandís epic icescape.
We begin in the High Arctic archipelago at the entrance to the Northwest Passage, and visit Beechey Island to see the graves of crew-members from the ill-fated Franklin expedition. The search for Franklinís ship continues to this day.
During this peak wildlife season, weíll cruise Prince Leopold Island, where thousands of Thick-Billed Murres, Northern Fulmars and Black-legged Kittiwakes summer and call in at Nigingnaniq (Isabella Bay), a pristine feeding ground for most of the regionís threatened bowhead whale population.
On Baffin Islandís tip is Mittimatalik (Pond Inlet), overlooking the immense beauty of Bylot Island. Here our Inuit hosts will welcome us with creative Inuit games and the unique sounds of throat singing before we set sail for Greenland.
On our route south is Ilulissat Icefjord where most of the Atlanticís icebergs are formed. Our journey comes to an end after sailing the spectacular 168 km Kangerlussuaq Fjord.