• Cross the Arctic circle while sailing in the shadow of a spectacular Greenlandic fjord
• Spot polar bears, walrus, marine mammals, and bird colonies during our cruise of the Hudson Strait
• Mingle with world-renowned Inuit carvers in Kinngait
• Learn first-hand about the history and culture of the Inuit
• Enjoy the sounds of talented throat-singers
• Visit a colourful Greenlandic settlement
• 13 days
• Start in Kuujuaq, finish in Kangerlussuaq
• All meals onboard included
• Travel aboard the Ocean Endeavour
• Activity Level: 1
This journey encompasses the beating heart of the Arctic from Nunavik in northern Quebec to Nunavut and, finally, the coast of Greenland across the Davis Strait. We'll travel just after the summer solstice, when the midnight sun will be near its zenith. The chances of seeing wildlife, including polar bears, walrus, and musk ox are excellent. This expedition is far and away our most community- and art-focused Arctic itinerary; throughout, we will meet highly reputed creators and their creations. Kinngait (Cape Dorset) is widely hailed as the Inuit art capital and is home to some of the most celebrated stone carvers in the Arctic.
Steeped in a culture all its own, the heart of the Arctic will stay with you long after you return home.
This is not an ElderTreks operated tour. As such, participants on this tour are not exclusive ElderTreks clients and it may not adhere to ElderTreks' maximum size restrictions of our tours.