• Cross the Arctic circle while sailing in the shadow of the second-longest fjord in Greenland
• Seek out muskox in Kangerlussuaq Fjord and Diana Island
• Enjoy a cultural presentation and town tour of Nunavut's capital – Iqaluit
• Seek out polar bear during our Zodiac cruise of the Savage Islands
• Visit with world-renowned Inuit carvers in Kimmirut
• Enjoy the sounds of talented throat-singers
• Seek out birds, walrus, whale and polar bear at Akpatok Island
• 13 days
• Start in Kuujuaq, finish in Kangerlussuaq
• All meals onboard included
• Travel aboard the Ocean Endeavour
• Activity Level: 1
This journey brings you to the heart of the Arctic. From Canada's Inuit regions of Nunavik and Nunavut to Greenland, the chances of seeing wildlife are excellent. Polar bears, walrus and muskox will be among the highlights. Embarking in Kuujjuaq, we set sail for Akpatok Island, its cliffs are home for thousands of Thick Billed Murres, and the ever opportunistic polar bears feeding on the shores below Guests will explore with local hosts, learn about regional customs, and sample local food. A highlight for art lovers will be visits to Kinngait, Kimmirut and Pangnirtung, where we will meet established and emerging artists.
As we sail eastward towards Greenland, we'll keep a look out for whales and seabirds. Arriving in Greenland we'll venture into the island's capital city, Nuuk, where we will view the famous Qilakitsoq mummies. Before sailing up Western Greenland's longest fjord, we'll zodiac cruise and then hike up to a stunning glacier. Our journey comes to an end in Kangerlussuaq.