• Experience Quebec's unique history and culture
• Hike Anticosti Island, wild and beautiful
• Search for the largest animal on earth, the Blue Whale
• See one of the world's largest gannet colonies, over 50,000 pairs
• Sail the Saguenay, a spectacular feeding ground for marine and bird species
• Photograph the famous red cliffs of the Magdalene Islands
• Sample fine wine and cheese in Saint-Pierre
• 10 days
• Start in Quebec City, finish in Saint Pierre, France
• All meals on board included
• Travel aboard the Ocean Endeavour
• Activity Level: 1
We're thrilled to return to la Belle Province! This voyage incorporates the stunning coastal regions of Quebec's North Shore, the Gaspe, the Gulf of St. Lawrence, Magdalene Islands, and Saint Pierre.
Marine mammals should be plentiful - some of the best whale watching in Canada is concentrated between the high cliffs of Saguenay Fiord. Anticosti Island, Mingan Islands National Park, Forillon National Park and Île-Bonaventure Provincial Park all offer wildlife opportunities including numerous migrating seabirds. The Magdalene Islands mix of Acadian and English influences—and a history of more than 400 shipwrecks—are among the islands' unique features. It's also home to endangered bird species including the Piping Plover and Roseate Tern.
We bring our voyage to a close at Saint Pierre, the last remaining outpost of New France, where fine wine, good cheese and French fashion are to be found just off the coast of Newfoundland.