• Experience Québec's unique history and culture
• Enjoy the natural beauty of Cape Breton Island
• Search for the largest animal on earth-the blue whale
• Sail the Saguenay, spectacular feeding ground for marine and bird species
• See one of the world's largest gannet colonies; over 50,000 pairs
• Photograph the famous red cliffs of the Magdalen Islands
• 10 Days
• Start in Quebec City, finish in Saint Pierre, France
• All meals on board included
• Travel aboard the Ocean Endeavour
• Activity Level: 1
One of National Geographic Traveller's 50 Tours of a Lifetime, Mighty Saint Lawrence incorporates the stunning coastal regions of the Gulf of Saint Lawrence, including the Gaspé, the Magdalen Islands, Cape Breton, and Saint-Pierre.
Some of the best whale watching in Canada is concentrated between the high cliffs of Saguenay Fjord, while Forillon National Park and ÃƒÅ½le-Bonaventure Provincial Park offer spectacular wildlife opportunities, including numerous migrating seabirds. The Magdalen Islands' mix of Acadian and English influences and a history of more than four hundred shipwrecks are among their unique features. We'll stop at Cape Breton, famed for its rocky shores, glacial valleys, and barren headlands, before visiting Prince Edward Island-Canada's smallest province, and the birthplace of confederation. We bring our voyage to a close at Saint-Pierre. The last remaining outpost of New France, this charming settlement boasts fine wine, good cheese and French fashion-just off the coast of Newfoundland.