• Discover Borobudur temple
• Wander through the temple complex of Prambanan
• Sunrise hike to the crater of Mount Bromo
• Enjoy a 2d/1n boat journey to see Komodo Dragons, otherwise you spend most of your time traveling to/from the city instead of enjoying the ambience and nature of the islands)
• Swim or snorkel at Menjangan Island Reef (scuba diving available; not included)
• Explore Ubud, the cultural center of Bali
• Experience the arts, dance and culture of Bali
• 20 land days
• Maximum 16 travelers
• All meals included
• Start in Yogyakarta and finish in Denpasar
• Includes 3 internal flight
• Activity Level: 2
We begin on the famed island of Java, and start our tour in the historic capital of Yogyakarta, the cultural centre of Java. On a series of day trips, we shall explore temples and sites including Borobudur - the world's largest Buddhist temple and largest ancient monument in the Southern Hemisphere. We fly to Surabaya and head south to Mount Bromo where we will watch the magnificent sunrise on the volcano, with an optional hike to the rim.
We continue to the exotic island of Bali, where we will divide our time between the artistic and cultural center of Ubud, and the beachside towns of Permuteran and Candidasa. While in Northern Bali, explore seldom visited Bali Barat National Park, (particularly good for those interested in birdlife), or join a trip to Menjangan Island, with its spectacular snorkeling and swimming. Take traditional fishing boats to a white sand beach with crystal blue water for swimming.
Fly to Flores before setting out on an extraordinary 2 day/1 night journey aboard our overnight boat to Komodo and Rinca islands so see the world's largest lizard, the Komodo Dragons! The overnight experience in the islands is superior to any day tours to as you spend most of your time coming and going while overnight in a city as opposed to being in stunning islands in a protected cove where you can swim, snorkel or relax in nature!
FROM: $5195 USD
has guaranteed departures
Comfortable, well-located accommodations with private bathrooms throughout.
Some rough roads and long drives.
Ancient Hindu Temple of Prambanan
Yogyakarta - Artistic Heart of Java
Sunrise at Borobudur
Volcanic Landscape of Mt. Bromo
Bromo Sunrise, to Bali
Bali Barat Nat'l Park & Menjangan Island
To Mt. Batur & Ubud
Traditional Home & Dinner with a local Balinese Family
Ubud - the Arts of Bali
Ubud, Besakih Temple, to Candidasa
Candidasa: Tirtagganga & Pasir Putih
Candidasa, fly to Flores
Dance Ceremony of the Manggarai
Komodo Dragon Adventure - to Rinca Island by overnight boat
Komodo Island, snorkeling, return to Flores
Fly to Bali, Farewell Dinner