• Explore the phenomenal landscapes of Gros Morne National Park
• Share the warmth of a classic Newfoundland 'kitchen party'
• Hear traditional stories and songs from our talented leaders
• View icebergs and whales at an optimal time of the year
• 11 Days
• Start and Finish in St. John's
• All meals on board included
• Travel aboard the Ocean Endeavour
• Activity Level: 1
This summer sailing is ideally timed for viewing whales, icebergs, and breeding seabirds. At Gros Morne, the planet’s mantle frames fjords that would be at home in Norway; on the Avalon Peninsula, a chunk of what was once Africa meets remnants of the Appalachian Mountains. We will visit Red Bay UNESCO World Heritage Site, learn about the Viking history in North America at L’Anse aux Meadows, and enjoy a taste of the Mi’kmaq culture in Conne River.
Starting and ending in historic St. John’s, we experience Newfoundland’s lively culture and dramatic scenery in daily expedition stops. A visit to the French island of Saint-Pierre completes the adventure. The welcome we receive in Newfoundland’s outport communities is warm and genuine; the music and stories unforgettable. Experience the province’s legendary music, food, and hospitality the way it was meant to be experienced—by sea.