• Extend your time in Antarctica and make landings in less frequented sites south of the Antarctic Circle
• Visit historic research stations in the area of Marguerite Bay
• Witness the quintessential Antarctic wildlife, including penguins, seals, whales and more
• Experience the Western Peninsula highlights and visit iconic landing sites
• Learn about Antarctica's geology and wildlife from onboard lecturers and specialists
• Cross the Drake Passage
• Watch for gentoo, chinstrap and Adélie penguins, crabeater and leopard seals, orca, humpback & minke whales, skuas, blue-eyed shags, wandering albatrosses and other seabirds
• 14 Days
• Start and finish in Ushuaia, Argentina
• All meals on board
• Activity Level: 1
Not only does this expedition include the most in-depth exploration of the Antarctic Peninsula, it also offers the opportunity to venture further south across the Antarctic Circle. As you head towards a milestone few travelers reach, you'll feel you are in a world without borders, sailing through an endless stretch of sea, snow and ice.
Dramatic ice formations will ignite your imagination as you search the landscape for the wildlife that calls it home. Whether it's humpback whales alongside the ship, a leopard seal diving beneath your Zodiac, penguins sliding into crystal waters from an iceberg, or a giant petrel soaring above cracking sea-ice, you'll experience a sensory overload in Antarctica like you've never felt before.
*This is not an ElderTreks operated tour. As such, participants on this tour are not exclusive ElderTreks clients and it may not adhere to ElderTreks' maximum size restrictions of our tours.
FROM: $8495 USD
Travel aboard our ships: the Ocean Diamond or Sea Adventurer.
Seas can be rough when crossing the Drake Passage. Zodiac landings required.
Days 3 - 4:
Crossing the Drake Passage
Days 5 - 7:
The Antarctic Peninsula and South Shetland Islands
Days 8 - 9:
The Antarctic Circle
Days 10 - 11:
Northbound Along the Peninsula
Days 12 - 13:
Drake Passage to Ushuaia
Disembark in Ushuaia, Argentina