• Seek belugas and narwhals in Lancaster Sound, a proposed National Marine Conservation Area
• Cross the Arctic Circle by sea—twice!
• View the magnificent fjords of Greenland’s coast
• Meet the Tununiq Arsarniit Theatre Group of Mittimatalik during a cultural exchange
• Visit the Franklin Expedition gravesites at Beechey Island
• Search for bears, whales, and walrus in their Arctic feeding grounds
• Zodiac cruise the Disko Bay at the mouth of the Ilulissat Icefjord—unesco World Heritage Site and home to the world’s fastest-moving glacier
• Photograph exquisite Arctic flowers at the height of summer bloom
• 12 Days
• Start in Kangerlussuaq, Greenland, finish in Qausuittuq (Resolute), NU
• All meals on board included
• Travel aboard the Ocean Endeavour
• Activity Level: 1
On this trip, we seek the wilds and the wonders of the Arctic, in the welcoming company of those who call it home! Beginning in Qausuittuq (Resolute Bay), we’ll enter expedition mode as we seek polar bears, whales, birds, and muskoxen throughout Lancaster Sound. At Beechey Island, we’ll pay our respects at the graves of three of Sir John Franklin’s men; at Dundas Harbour, we’ll explore the abandoned HBC and RCMP posts that once guarded the gateway to the Northwest Passage.
Mittimatalik (Pond Inlet) with its stunning views of Bylot Island is a dynamic contemporary Inuit community; we’ll spend the day getting to know the place before striking out across Baffin Bay for Greenland. Towering mountains, pristine fjords, and colorful communities are among the attractions of this mighty Arctic island. The modern Greenlandic center of Illulissat offers museums, shopping, and cafés with a European flair. This incredible adventure explore the best of Greenland and Nunavut!
FROM: $11295 USD
Travel aboard the Ocean Endeavour.
Seas can be rough. Zodiac landings required.
At Sea — Davis Strait
Mittimatalik (Pond Inlet), NU, Canada
Days 7 - 10:
Tallurutiup Imanga (Lancaster Sound) & Devon Island
Qausuittuq (Resolute), NU, Canada