• Trek and search for mountain gorillas in Volcanoes National Park (Rwanda)
• Superb wildlife and birding opportunities. Search for elephants, lions, rhinos, hippos, giraffes, buffaloes, antelopes and more
• Scenic Views of Mt. Kilimanjaro
• Enjoy safaris in Tarangire and 2 UNESCO sites; Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti National Park (Tanzania)
• Explore Olduvai Gorge and the origins of man including a private lecture
• Lake Eyasi Maasai Village and Bushmen experience
• 15 land days
• Maximum 16 travellers
• Start in Kigali, Rwanda, finish in Arusha (Kilimanjaro Airport), Tanzania
• All meals included
• Includes 1 internal flight
• Activity Level: 2 (3-5 day 3)
Rwanda & Tanzania offer the best possible combination of incredible wildlife encounters and cultural experiences.
We start our adventure in Kigali, the capital of Rwanda. Here we visit the Genocide Museum before making our way to Volcanoes National Park where we trek to see the mountain gorillas. After our great ape experience, we return to Kigali and fly to Mt Kilimanjaro (Tanzania). On a clear day, enjoy the views of the highest mountain in Africa. We continue our adventure with a visit to a local women's cooperative. Enjoy a stroll through the local market in Arusha before incredible game viewing opportunities in Tarangire National Park. Experience the cultures of the nomadic Bushmen of Lake Eyasi and visit the Maasai Villages in the Rift Valley.
Follow the herds of elephants, lions, rhinos, giraffes, zebras, gazelles and thousands of wildebeests roaming the savannahs of the Serengeti - truly the quintessential African safari. Enhance your stay with an optional balloon ride for a bird's eye view of the famed savannah.
Travel to the Olduvai Gorge, the region made famous by the Leakey's (Louis and his wife Mary) discovery of our human origins. Explore the magnificent Ngorongoro Crater, famous for its size and the abundance of large animals roaming its caldera.
Comfortable accommodations with private bathrooms.
Some long drives on rough and dusty roads. Gorilla trekking involves hiking/climbing over some rough and dense terrain. Gorilla trekking will likely be 2-6 hours.
Kigali - Drive to Volcanoes National Park
Gorilla Trekking - Volcanoes National Park
Kigali - Fly to Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
To Tarangire National Park
Tarangire National Park
Maasai Village, to Lake Eyasi
Lake Eyasi, Bushmen Experience
Days 10 - 11:
To Central Serengeti National Park - Safari
To South Western Serengeti Region
Ngorongoro Crater and Olduvai Gorge
Ngorongoro Crater to Arusha
Depart Arusha (Kilimanjaro Airport)