• Explore the colonial gems of Santiago, Baracoa, and Gibara
• Learn about Fidel Castro and his Revolution and visit his final resting place
• Learn about Cuba's famous Cine Pobre Film Festival in Gibara
• Hike and boat in Humboldt National Park (UNESCO)
• Enjoy an authentic Cuban cooking lesson and learn about local delicacies
• See the cross left by Christopher Columbus in Baracoa's cathedral
• Visit to a local Cacao farm
• Visit an organic food farm
• Stay at the infamous Hotel Nacional de Cuba
• 13 land days
• Maximum 16 travelers
• Start and finish in Havana
• All meals included
• Cuban medical insurance included
• Internal flights included
• Activity Level: 2
Eastern Cuba has historically been the most remote part of the island, yet it has inspired rebellion, revolution, the arts, music and dance. On our journey, we visit 3 stunning colonial cities, traverse the island's highest mountain range, hike and boat in the most diverse national park in the Caribbean, and visit 2 UNESCO heritage sites.
Learn about Cuba's history as we visit the colonial gems of Santiago de Cuba (1515), Baracoa (1511), and Gibara (1817) on foot, horse and carriage, and bicycle-taxi.
Learn about Fidel Castro's revolution and the man himself, as it is impossible to understand Cuba and the revolution without understanding Castro. Visit important revolution sites and the birthplace of Fidel Castro and his brother Raul in Birán.
Enjoy a local cooking lesson in delicious authentic Cuban cuisine and visit the Humboldt National Park (UNESCO) close to one of the most eastern points on the island of Cuba. Visit this virtually untouched part of Cuba to enjoy colonial architecture, natural beauty, learn about Cuban society, politics and experience the warmth and charm of the island of Cuba and its people!
FROM: $4295 USD
Comfortable, well-located hotels with private bathrooms throughout.
Some long drives.
Fly to Holguin, to Gibara, Sites & Cuba's Cine Pobre Film Festival
Jeep Adventure to a Local Home & Columbus' Landing in the New World in 1492
To Baracoa via Birán, Boatride on the Toa River.
Baracoa, Yumuri River, Cooking lesson
Humboldt National Park, Cacao Farm
To Santiago de Cuba traversing the Sierra Maestra Mtns, Casa del Changui, Guantanamo
Santa Ifigenia Cemetery & Colonial Santiago
Fidel Castro's Revolution, El Cobre, Granjita Siboney to Moncada Barracks in Vintage Cars
To Havana, Colonial Havana Tour
Cuban Rum, Urban Organic Food Production, Farewell Dinner