• Explore the colonial gems of Santiago, Bayamo, Baracoa, and Gibara
• Visit San Pedro de la Roca castle (UNESCO)
• Learn about Fidel Castro and his Revolution
• Swim in a natural pool by the ocean
• Learn about Cuba's famous Cine Pobre Film Festival in Gibara
• Hike and boat in Humboldt National Park (UNESCO)
• Enjoy an authentic Cuban cooking lesson and learn about local delicacies
• See the cross left by Christopher Columbus in Baracoa's cathedral
• 15 land days
• Maximum 16 travelers
• Start and finish in Havana
• All meals included
• Cuban medical insurance included
• Activity Level: 2
Eastern Cuba has historically been the most remote part of the island, yet it has inspired rebellion, revolution, the arts, music and dance. On our journey, we visit 4 stunning colonial cities, traverse the island's highest mountain range, hike and boat in the most diverse national park in the Caribbean, swim in a natural pool by the ocean and visit 2 UNESCO heritage sites.
Learn about Cuba's history as we visit the colonial gems of Santiago de Cuba (1515), Bayamo (1513), Baracoa (1511), and Gibara (1817) on foot, horse and carriage, and bicycle-taxi.
Learn about Fidel Castro's revolution and the man himself, as it is impossible to understand Cuba and the revolution without understanding Castro. Visit important revolution sites and the birthplace of Fidel Castro and his brother Raul in Birán.
Enjoy a local cooking lesson in delicious authentic Cuban cuisine and visit the Humboldt National Park (UNESCO) close to one of the most eastern points on the island of Cuba. Visit this virtually untouched part of Cuba to enjoy colonial architecture, natural beauty, learn about Cuban society, politics and experience the warmth and charm of the island of Cuba and its people!
has guaranteed departures
$4995 $3995 USD
Comfortable, well-located hotels with private bathrooms throughout.
Some long drives.
To Camaguey (UNESCO), City Tour
To Santiago via Colonial Bayamo
Santa Ifigenia Cemetery & Colonial Santiago
Fidel Castro's Revolution, Granjita Siboney to Moncada Barracks in Vintage Cars
To Baracoa via Guantanamo Bay
Baracoa, Yumuri River
Humboldt National Park
To Santiago de Cuba traversing the Sierra Maestra Mts.
To Gibara via Birán and Holguin, Gibara Sites & Cuba's Cine Pobre Film Festival
Jeep Adventure to a Local Home & Columbus' Landing in the New World in 1492
Gibara, Cave, Natural Swimming Hole
To Santa Clara - Revolution Sites
Revolution Sites, To Havana, Farewell Dinner